|Title:||Instructional Media Designer|
|Location:||San Dimas, CA|
|Employment Type:||Staff - Full Time|
This is the most exciting time to be working at University College at Azusa Pacific University! With our team of dedicated professionals and faculty, we are creating a new hope for the future by investing in lives through learning pathways that are Christ-centered, flexible and accessible.
If you want to join a dynamic, God-first culture that strives to provide quality academic programs to countless students, we welcome you to apply.
Be a part of this powerful campus of an already-prestigious university that offers flexibility and innovative delivery of education to learners everywhere.
If you have a passion for service, education and innovation, we’re interested in talking to you!
We offer a competitive benefits package for eligible employees including: 30 days PTO, med/dental/vision plans, life/LTD/ADD insurance, retirement and tuition assistance.
POSITION: Instructional Media Designer
APPOINTMENT: Full Time, Regular Status
LOCATION: San Dimas, CA
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled
The Instructional Media Designer collaborates with the Manager of eLearning Development and other eLearning team members to develop, implement, and support best practices in production of online courses and learning media at Azusa Pacific’s University College (UC). This includes supporting the creation and integration of rich media, digital resources, and functional components. The holder of this position follows best practices in information design, interface design, and interaction design. The Instructional Media Designer works as a member of technology and media design specialists in a higher education setting.
Required Experience / Education
- Christian Commitment: Vital Christian faith and lifestyle
- Supportive of the evangelical mission and purpose of UC and the Azusa Pacific University System
- Bachelor’s degree in instructional media design, graphic design, web/media design, or related field
- Minimum two years of work experience in supporting online course development
- Demonstrated experience in production and media design for web required
- Solid and current knowledge of web 2.0 and social media
- Production experience in a distance education, training, and/or digital media environment, including experience/competence in developing online courses using design tools such as Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, HTML5, and/or HTML/CSS (or other web development languages)
Desired Experience / Education
- Bachelor’s degree in instructional technology, design, education, or related field
- Minimum 3 years of work experience in higher education with substantial experience converting content, setting up, and supporting online learning courses.
- Experience working with Adobe Captivate or other eLearning authoring tools
- Experience with learning management systems (e.g. Moodle)
- Familiarity with video production and online video compression formats
- Experience in producing interactive learning objects, such as interactive presentations and/or eBooks
- Experience with academic institutions and adult learners
- Prepares, creates, and/or converts various types of content for online courses including text, graphics, and rich media such as audio, video, and interactive media
- Works with eLearning team members to identify and implement innovative technologies that provide platforms for collaborative and engaging student learning experiences
- Develops multiple courses at a time within a given timeframe
- Applies accessibility compliance measures in the development of online learning content
- Collaborates with eLearning Creative Manager to develop online learning content
- Works from design documents/storyboards to construct online courses and learning media
- Collaborates with team of technology specialists, media design specialists, and content writers to develop online learning content
- Carries out other duties and responsibilities assigned by the Manager of eLearning Development
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- List KSA’s here
- Self-starter with the ability to work in a team-based, fast-paced atmosphere
- Ability to interpret, adapt, and apply guidelines and procedures in a complex university setting
- Ability to be proactive, take ownership of assigned responsibilities, and work with little supervision
- A positive, cooperative, Christ-like attitude supportive of the University and its mission
- Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports
- Ability to investigate, analyze information, and draw conclusions
- Ability to engage in critical thinking, exercise independent judgment, set priorities, and solve problems
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and manage confidential information
This position typically includes the following physical demands. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to stand, walk, and sit for extended periods of time
- Sufficient hand, arm, and finger dexterity to operate a computer keyboard and other office equipment
- Visual acuity to read words and numbers
- Speaking and hearing ability sufficient to communicate in person or over the telephone
- Ability to exert up to 10 pounds of force and occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds
- Google Apps/Gmail
- Word processing software – Microsoft Word, Google Docs
- Presentation software – Microsoft PowerPoint, Google Slides
- Digital design software – Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Captivate
- Spreadsheet software – Microsoft Excel, Google Sheets
- Learning management system – Moodle
- Media technologies – video and audio capturing/editing software, graphic design, HTML, social media, online hosting services (e.g. YouTube, Vimeo, VoiceThread)
This job description is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills, and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. This document does not represent a contract of employment, and Azusa Pacific’s University College reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the University may deem appropriate.
Azusa Pacific University College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.