|Location:||San Dimas, CA|
|Employment Type:||Staff - Full Time|
If you want to join a dynamic, God-first culture that strives to provide quality academic programs to countless students, we welcome you to apply.
Be a part of this powerful campus of an already-prestigious university that offers flexibility and innovative delivery of education to learners everywhere.
If you have a passion for service, education and innovation, we’re interested in talking to you!
We offer a competitive benefits package for eligible employees including: 30 days PTO, med/dental/vision plans, life/LTD/ADD insurance, retirement and tuition assistance.
POSITION: Applications Developer
APPOINTMENT: Full Time, Regular Status
LOCATION: San Dimas, CA
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled
The Applications Developer is responsible for providing technical support for all of the installed ERP applications as well as cloud-based applications. They also provide development and support to customize, upgrade and maintain applications.
Specializes in the design and architecture of complex support solutions for Enterprise applications and extremely proficient in education application integration and support development. Convert concepts into viable solutions using existing applications as well as new technology techniques and tools, while focused on complex projects, providing support as needed. Considerable expertise in a variety of technologies, including industry tools not currently being used at University College.
Ability to architect systems end-to-end (e.g. server to client). Understand how different systems operate, their possible integration points and how to connect them. Broad knowledge of various education and development technologies/methods and when to best use them.
Required Experience / Education
- Christian Commitment: Vital Christian faith and lifestyle
- Supportive of the evangelical mission and purpose of APU University College.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Sciences, Education or related, experience may substitute for minimum education requirements
- Two to three years of experience in web and software development, supporting e-learning modules, education systems and applications
- Strong understanding of UI design
- Strong understanding of education technology standards, e-learning platforms, learning management systems, and registration databases – i.e., Jenzabar EX, Moodle, etc.
- Knowledge of PHP, .NET (3.0+) (C# or VB) and working experience with MS SQL and relational databases
- Web API experience is a plus.
- Ability to understand and contribute to functional requirements and assist in translating them into technical design specifications and development of projects.
- Ability to contribute documentation and requirements during the life cycle of projects.
- Excellent process orientation and exhibited planning, organizational and problem solving skills.
- Experience with working in an Agile/SCRUM environment
- Works effectively in a team environment.
Desired Experience / Education
- 5+ years of experience designing and programming with Microsoft technologies
- Expert knowledge of .NET Framework (3.5 or higher, ASP.Net, C#, VB.Net, ADO.NET) with strong experience in object-oriented programming fundamentals
- Salesforce Developer, Microsoft Certified Architect or equivalent (preferred)
- Highly proficient with WCF web service architecture
- Experience with MS SQL Database technologies and MS Back Office products preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Visual Studio and SQL Server Management Studio
- Excellent understanding of SDLC processes and requirements
- Experience in deploying full life-cycle enterprise-wide solutions
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), problem solving, and analytical skills
- Web Based UI development (wireframes, UI prototyping, etc.)
- Expertise in developing, implementing, and maintaining education applications and services both internal and external to UC.
- Outstanding communication skills (written and verbal) with various stakeholders (including customers, IT personnel, vendors, etc.)
- Keep current with education and IT industry standard technologies and development methods necessary to build enterprise grade, scalable systems
- Participate in education application design and architecture discussions and contribute well thought out suggestions, comments, and critiques
- Develop, maintain, and implement custom education systems and applications
- Communicate both technical and business aspects of development projects to users and analysts
- Write application documentation
- Mentor and train other developers in the current education applications and development processes.
- Act as a technical resource for the team to resolve complex problems
- Design, develop, and implement moderate to highly complex web-based solutions in a multi-tiered architecture
- Support user experience design and information architecture for web applications
- Contribute to database design and development activities
- Integrate applications with system software infrastructure
- Work with the business and project teams to devise technical alternatives
- Testing and implementation of software changes
- Partner with project team members and other stakeholders to solve problems and deliver effective results
- Take the lead role on small projects and portions of larger projects
- Gather requirements to address business challenges
- Support multiple production applications and related technical environments
- Follow the change control management process
- Participate in design reviews with other members and groups within the department
- Keep abreast of current internet technology and development tools related to your area of expertise
- Participate on enterprise architecture teams to help create technical standards
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Self-starter with the ability to work in a team-based, fast-paced atmosphere
- Ability to interpret, adapt, and apply guidelines and procedures in a complex university setting
- Ability to be proactive, take ownership of assigned responsibilities, and work with little supervision
- A positive, cooperative, Christ-like attitude supportive of the University and its mission
- A “servant’s heart” that delights in providing the highest quality academic support services
- Participation in user interface. Formulate and track detailed project schedules and estimates.
- Maintains a professional and positive image in working with department personnel and other City of Hope employees
- Must have strong analytical skills. Excellent oral/written communication and organizational skills
- Ability to organize complex thoughts, requirements and data. Ability to perform expert level design, programming and testing
- Use tools as appropriate in course of development and production support assignments
- Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports
- Ability to investigate, analyze information, and draw conclusions
- Ability to engage in critical thinking, exercise independent judgment, set priorities, and solve problems
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and manage confidential information
This position typically includes the following physical demands. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to stand, walk, and sit for extended periods of time
- Sufficient hand, arm, and finger dexterity to operate a computer keyboard and other office equipment
- Visual acuity to read words and numbers
- Speaking and hearing ability sufficient to communicate in person or over the telephone
- Ability to exert up to 10 pounds of force and occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds
- EX from Jenzabar
- PowerFAIDS from the College Board
- Incident management tools such as FreshDesk
- CRM solutions such as Salesforce, Target X and Jenzabar Recruitment Manager
- ETL tools such as Informatica
- Reporting tools such as SQL, Infomaker, Izenda
- Scripting and command line interface tools such as PowerShell
- Familiarity with PHP preferred
- Productivity tools such as Microsoft Office and/or Google Docs
- Email tools such as Microsoft Outlook and/or Gmail
This job description is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills, and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. This document does not represent a contract of employment, and Azusa Pacific University College reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the University may deem appropriate.
Azusa Pacific University College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.