|Location:||San Dimas, CA|
|Employment Type:||Independent Contractor|
TITLE Instructional Designer
REPORTS TO Manager of Learning Design
STATUS Independent Contractor
Grade 9: $21.44/hour - $26.79/hour
This is the most exciting time to be working at University College at Azusa Pacific University! With our team of dedicated professionals and faculty, we are creating a new hope for the future by investing in lives through learning pathways that are Christ-centered, flexible and accessible.
If you want to join a dynamic, God-first culture that strives to provide quality academic programs to countless students, we welcome you to apply.
Be a part of this powerful campus of an already-prestigious university that offers flexibility and innovative delivery of education to learners everywhere.
If you have a passion for service, education and innovation, we’re interested in talking to you!
This is an hourly contract (1099) and virtual position. Work agreements are on an as-needed basis. Each contract may vary in hours and range anywhere between 10-40 hours per week. This is a remote position, but must be available to collaborate with internal and external team members during 8 am to 5 pm Pacific time zone hours. The scope and duration of the contract will also vary depending on university and project specific needs. Consistent, high-speed Internet access is required, as are skills in computer operations and experience utilizing GoogleApps, business applications and online storage providers, such as Dropbox.com. Must be able to operate a computer and use software independently and without training or technical assistance.
Collaborates with Manager of Learning Design, internal stakeholders and external subject matter consultants. Facilitates course design meetings with a Program Development Coordinator and Subject Matter Consultant to complete course design details that follow documented course vision provided by the university according to university best practices, standards, copyright law to facilitate course design meetings, coach SMC on instructional design approaches, investigate learning resources, identify and plan learning media needs and to refine student facing language in curriculum details.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Possesses subject matter familiarity in courses being designed, but does not act as subject matter expert
- Coordinates with subject matter consultants to lay out online and on-campus curriculum following university provided course vision that includes course learning outcomes, primary resources, mastery level learning and competencies around which assessed activities and deliverables are designed.
- Completes client deliverables on time and according to university established best practices, standards, accessibility compliance and copyright law at defined quality level evaluated by Manager of Learning Design.
- Applies instructional design expertise to lay out course structure that focuses on students’ learning experience for effective online engagement.
- Collaborates with other development team members as necessary to ensure client satisfaction
- Interacts and collaborates with internal stakeholders to align with the shared vision for each specific project
- Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s in curriculum and/or instructional design, plus 5 years, applicable relevant experience in private higher education system plus samples of work; or Master’s Degree (preferred) in curriculum and/or instructional design or other applicable field and a minimum of three (5) years of relevant experience
- At least five (5) years of instructional design experience in a higher education environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills, ability to balance and manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously in a constantly changing environment and the ability to work virtually and independently, with instruction and supervision