|Title:||Marketing Communications Specialist|
|Location:||San Dimas, CA|
|Employment Type:||Staff - Full Time|
TITLE Marketing Communications Specialist
REPORTS TO Director of Marketing and Outreach
STATUS Full time, Non-Exempt
This is the most exciting time to be working at University College at Azusa Pacific University! With our team of dedicated professionals and faculty, we are creating a new hope for the future by investing in lives through learning pathways that are Christ-centered, flexible and accessible.
If you want to join a dynamic, God-first culture that strives to provide quality academic programs to countless students, we welcome you to apply.
Be a part of this powerful campus of an already-prestigious university that offers flexibility and innovative delivery of education to learners everywhere.
If you have a passion for service, education and innovation, we’re interested in talking to you!
We offer a competitive benefits package for eligible employees including: 30 days PTO, med/dental/vision plans, life/LTD/ADD insurance, retirement and tuition assistance.
Under the supervision of the Director of Marketing, the Marketing Communications Specialist will be responsible for the creative, editorial, and operational aspects of various communication projects. From external marketing and social media campaigns to internal document and digital file management, this position will assist the Director of Marketing in executing a wide range of exciting projects.
Required Experience / Education
- 2+ years of professional experience in communications, copywriting, and social media – preferably in a marketing environment.
- Solid communication and strong interpersonal skills
- Strong technical skills including email marketing tools (e.g., MailChimp) and online collaboration tools (preferably Google Apps)
- Social media platform experience – primarily Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn
- Christian commitment: vital Christian faith and lifestyle
- Supportive of the evangelical mission and purpose of the Azusa Pacific University system
Desired Experience / Education
- Bachelor’s degree
- Skills in email and social media analytics a plus
- Higher education experience a plus
- Graphic design skills a plus
- Responsible for copywriting, proofreading, and editing of documents, web copy, and emails
- Maintaining the social media presence for this division of the university
- Overseeing updates and version control for library of internal documents
- Manage user feedback and submit copy updates for website
- Provide the director with suggestions regarding the creative content of various marketing campaigns (print, email, web, video, and social media)
- Assist in the conceptualization, design, and production of media and collateral
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Creative-thinker and self-starter with strong project management skills to multi-task and drive projects from start to finish
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrate strategic-thinking, problem-solving, and organizational skills, as well as attention to detail, integrity, creativity, teamwork, and flexibility
- A positive, cooperative, Christ-like attitude supportive of the University and its mission
- Ability to engage in critical thinking, exercise independent judgment, set priorities, and solve problems
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to learn and retain information
- Possesses a genuine commitment to service
- Strong organizational skills, initiative, creativity, high level of productivity, and flexibility
- A self-starter with the ability to work independently
This position typically includes the following physical demands. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to stand, walk, and sit for extended periods of time
- Sufficient hand, arm, and finger dexterity to operate a computer keyboard and other office equipment
- Visual acuity to read words and numbers
- Speaking and hearing ability sufficient to communicate in person or over the telephone
- Ability to exert up to 10 pounds of force and occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds
- Microsoft Office
- Google Apps
- Familiarity with marketing email software preferred (e.g. MailChimp)
This job description is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills, and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. This document does not represent a contract of employment, and Azusa Pacific University College reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the University may deem appropriate.
Azusa Pacific University College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.