|Title:||Director of Enrollment|
|Location:||San Dimas, CA|
|Department:||Admissions / Enrollment|
|Employment Type:||Staff - Full Time|
If you want to join a dynamic, God-first culture that strives to provide quality academic programs to countless students, we welcome you to apply.
Be a part of this powerful campus of an already-prestigious university that offers flexibility and innovative delivery of education to learners everywhere.
If you have a passion for service, education and innovation, we're interested in talking to you!
We offer a competitive benefits package for eligible employees including: 30 days PTO, med/dental/vision plans, life/LTD/ADD insurance, retirement and tuition assistance.
The Director of Enrollment is responsible to develop, lead and administrate Azusa Pacific University College's (UC) enrollment group; including areas of student recruitment and admissions processing. Focused on post-traditional students, this individual is responsible for the strategy and implementation of all enrollment-oriented initiatives and service systems. The Director of Enrollment is expected to be able to motivate and inspire a team toward significant goals in a competitive 'mission-driven and data-informed' environment and in a manner that represents UC's Christ-centered mission. An ideal candidate is an entrepreneurial leader with strategic vision, outstanding communication and collaboration skills; marketing and sales knowledge; excellent people and project management skills; demonstrated ability to develop and enhance an institution's online presence; and a proven track record of using data-driven approaches to enroll increasing numbers of undergraduate and graduate students.
Required Experience / Education
- Christian Commitment: Vital Christian faith and lifestyle
- Supportive of the evangelical mission and purpose of UC and the Azusa Pacific University System
- Master's degree student services, student affairs, higher education administration, organizational leadership or related area of study
- Five years of significant student enrollment and/or admissions experience in higher education
Desired Experience / Education
- Seven years of significant administrative experience student enrollment and/or admissions within institution of higher learning.
- Proven successful track record in higher education admissions in which goals were consistently met and/or exceeded
- Demonstrated track record of team leadership and management in a higher education environment and recruitment of online students
- Support UC's efforts to provide higher education opportunities for non-traditional students through sustainable and innovative online learning models
- Responsible for teams performance and meeting/exceeding specific goals each session
- Provide active leadership to the enrollment department and build high performing teams through best practices and participation in training and development.
- Manages high-energy and performance-driven enrollment operations, ensuring staff's exemplary professionalism and excellent customer service orientation
- Ensures high-touch and efficient communication and interaction with prospective students
- Coordinate, implement and evaluate UC's strategic enrollment plan
- Collaborate with cross-functional leaders in areas such as academics, financial aid, registrar, student success, information technology, marketing and student accounts to ensure an effective and efficient enrollment process
- Manage the admissions team on all processing with primary responsibility over application management and the JRM software
- Responsible for reporting on enrollment performance at any given time.
- Develop and maintain a strong administrative infrastructure including, but not limited to, the creation and implementation of training, policy and procedure manuals, oversight of the budget process, and alignment with all relevant federal laws e.g. Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
- In collaboration with the Director of Marketing, manage e-Marketing vendor: responsible for lead generation, SEO, and SEM activities.
- Develops, executes, and maintains sophisticated and data-driven communication plans to yield increasing numbers of completed admissions applications and percentages of enrollment conversions
- Recommends, implements, leverages, and effectively utilizes technology to continuously enhance and advance the enrollment process
- Being aware of trends in Christian higher education and online student enrollment/financial aid practices while assessing their applicability to UC's mission and goals
- Carrying out other duties and responsibilities assigned by the Associate Vice President
- Additional duties assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to organize, motivate, and a commitment to work effectively with a diverse student, staff and faculty body
- Ability to work collaboratively across organizational units specifically related to student admissions, enrollment, marketing, student success, registrar, accounts, and financial aid services
- Demonstrate success in developing, evaluating, and improving recruitment, enrollment, and marketing strategies from a data-driven perspective
- Proven success in planning, implementing, and improving a comprehensive enrollment plan to achieve specific quantitative annual program and enrollment goals
- Comprehensive knowledge of student development and current trends in student enrollment
- Demonstrated transformational leadership skills and an ability to effectively manage organizational change as well as a demonstrated working knowledge of issues related to student conduct and academic integrity,
- Experience in an online education delivery model
- Strong command of the English language with excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational skills, detail-oriented, with an ability to plan and manage multiple projects concurrently in a timely manner
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment and facilitate change in a positive way
- Supervisory experience in a higher education environment
- Ability to supervise employees in accordance with UC's policies and applicable laws, including skill in recruiting, interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, prioritizing, assigning, and directing workload; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; and addressing complaints and resolving problems
- Ability to maintain record keeping systems and procedures
- Self-starter with the ability to work in a team-based, fast-paced atmosphere
- Ability to interpret, adapt, and apply guidelines and procedures in a complex university setting
- Ability to be proactive, take ownership of assigned responsibilities, and work with little supervision
- A positive, cooperative, Christ-like attitude supportive of the University and its mission
- Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports
- Ability to investigate, analyze information, and draw conclusions
- Ability to engage in critical thinking, exercise independent judgment, set priorities, and solve problems
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and manage confidential information
This position typically includes the following physical demands. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to stand, walk, and sit for extended periods of time
- Sufficient hand, arm, and finger dexterity to operate a computer keyboard and other office equipment
- Visual acuity to read words and numbers
- Speaking and hearing ability sufficient to communicate in person or over the telephone
- Ability to exert up to 10 pounds of force and occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds
- Google suite of educational products
- Word processing software-Microsoft Word
- E-mail software-Microsoft Outlook
- Course Management System-Moodle
- Jenzabar - CRM, Student Records, Student Financials, Student Accounts
- Presentation software-Microsoft PowerPoint
- Spreadsheet software-Microsoft Excel
- Salesforce - CRM for Enrollment
This job description is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills, and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. This document does not represent a contract of employment, and Azusa Pacific University College reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the University may deem appropriate.
Azusa Pacific University College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.